Ready to Connect?
Ohio State is pleased to offer both wired and wireless options for connecting a variety of your digital devices.
Follow the simple steps below to connect your device to one of our high speed networks in the residence halls.
Wireless Network Connection
For game consoles and streaming media players (including Smart TVs), we highly recommend using a wired connection for best connectivity and performance.
For Laptops, Desktops, Smartphones and Tablets
- Connect to the WiFi@OSU network. A login page should automatically open.
- Click on Connect to eduroam on the login page. (If the login page does launch automatically, open a web browser and go to wireless.osu.edu to be redirected to the login page.)
For Game Consoles, Streaming Media Players, and other Smart Devices
- Determine the wireless MAC address of your device.
- Login to the Device Registration Portal from a computer, smartphone or tablet connected to an Ohio State network.
- Select Register a new device from the list of "Helpful Links" then fill out and submit the form.
- Check your email for the Wi-Fi password required to connect your device.
- On your device, connect to the Registered4OSU wireless network using the Wi-Fi password provided in the email.
Wired Network Connection
Before you start, please ensure you have a Category (Cat) 5e/6 Ethernet cable in good working condition (no visible damage or kinking).
- From an online computer, smartphone or tablet, login to our device registration page.
- Enter the wired MAC address of the new device in colon format (A1:B2:C3:D4:E5:F6) and click Submit.
- Unplug your new device from the network and wait 10 minutes.
- Re-connect your new device to an active port (identified by an "A" or "C" suffix or a red dot sticker).
- If the active port is occupied, try another port. If there are no link lights or visible connection activity, please request a port activation.
- Restart or power cycle the device.
We're Here to Help!
Try some of our troubleshooting tips.
Review our Device Compatibility Guide for minimum specifications and compatibility information.
Please call us at 614-292-5700 or submit an online request if you need technical assistance.
Was this page helpful?
Please let us know what you think. We'd love to see your feedback and suggestions!